HBOT treats a variety of medical conditions and injuries. In addition, it also provides benefits to otherwise healthy individuals. Because the cells in the body require oxygen to survive, the addition of higher oxygen levels that HBOT delivers promotes increased cell function. People experience better general health and wellness as a result of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, including reduced signs of aging and quicker recovery time for athletes.
HBOT Helps Improve General Health and Wellness
HBOT works by flooding your body with increased oxygen. In a single hour of HBOT treatment, the body takes in about 2.4 pounds of oxygen into the tissue. This increases the oxygen level in the tissues 10 to 15 times that of the amount received through normal breathing.
As a result, this increased oxygen into the system provides many benefits, including:
- Promotes the growth of new blood vessels
- Decreases swelling and inflammation
- Deactivates toxins
- Increases the body’s ability to fight off infections
- Removes toxins and waste products
- Improves cognitive function
- Stimulates new capillary growth that can aid in simple wound healing
- Stimulates brain cells and increases the active firing of these cells
Offers Skin Rejuvenation
In today’s world, people look for anything and everything to stop the effects of aging. Who has the newest and best facial cream to minimize wrinkles? What supplements will help my skin look young again? Can I get a lift and tuck to make myself look younger? While some of these products or procedures might work on the surface, HBOT treatments can help your body and skin rejuvenate in a natural way. In fact, HBOT can essentially bring youth back to your skin. HBOT treatments deliver as much as 15 times more oxygen to your body, saturating the cells and accelerating the natural healing process. In addition, increased oxygen helps stimulate collagen production and promote skin elasticity.
This naturally boosts the body’s ability to fight off oxidative stress and sluggish cell activity. Equally important, HBOT boosts cell metabolism and aids in antioxidant defense. The increased oxygen levels help improve the blood flow necessary to keep cell membranes flexible, resulting in increased skin elasticity and collagen production. This helps to repair aging skin texture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Helps Athletic Performance and Recovery
Athletes are seeing the benefits of HBOT treatments, with many professional athletes and organizations adding hyperbaric chambers to their training equipment. The increased oxygen from hyperbaric treatments promotes blood flow and the removal of waste, allowing for quicker recovery time. In addition, the increased oxygen levels promote faster brain function and decision making. As a result, athletes experience improved focus and are able to make quick split-second decisions. This makes all the difference when it comes to winning a game. In the event of an injury, the higher levels of oxygen in the blood promote faster healing times. In other words, athletes can return to practice or games much quicker.
Look at some of the athletes turning to HBOT treatments to improve their abilities
U.S. Olympic athletes utilize hyperbaric chambers as a way of recovery after extensive training and workouts.
- NFL players such as Steve Weatherford, Terrell Owens, Rashad Jennings, Matt Schaub, Reggie Bush, James Harrison and Tim Tebow, all use hyperbaric chambers to aid in training and healing, with many sleeping in their own personal hyperbaric chambers.
- MLB players Matt Kemp and Adrian Beltre use HBOT treatments to help with training and recovery.
- Other top athletes using HBOT include Tiger Woods, UFC fighter Urijah Faber, and Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps.
See How HBOT Can Improve Your Health and Wellness
For more information on how HBOT can improve your general health and wellness, call our office today. You may also visit HERE to fill out our online request form.